The competition saw students from 8 GEMS schools taking part in masterclasses together, worked together and competing against each other for the prestigious title of GEMS Aspiring Musician of the Year 2017.
Following the masterclasses with GEMS instrumental specialists, 5 finalists were selected.
The 5 finalists were:
– Trinayan Krishnan – a violinist from GEMS World Academy
– Imogen O’Connor – a recorder player from Jumeirah Primary School
– Hyemin Shin – a cellist from Jumeirah College
– Moses Kazanji – a trumpet player from Winchester School
– Yuri Goto – a violinist from Wellington Primary School
The judges for the final were Wayne Smart (piano), Matthew Morris (piano), Alyson Coady (woodwind), Nadine Artuhanava (strings) and Rebecca Hoare (voice).